- "Hi, my name is Dot Hugson, I'm eight years old. I live in a farm in Kansas in the countryside. I'm a farm girl. My favorite habit is to play with my dog Toto, my brother Neddie and my farm animals, riding horses, making friends and having fun. I was born on June 21st, That's about it. One summer day, my family, Toto, Neddie and I were caught up in a tornado and were carried away. And then, I discover the magical Land of Oz, my own magical world. Oh, well, I guess everything will be okay."
- ―Dot introduces herself before the episode of The Oz Kids starts
|Title||The Leader of the Oz Kids|
The Princess of Oz
|Origin||Kansas, farm/United States of America|
|Residence||Kansas (former) |
Royal Palace of Oz, Land of Oz (current)
|Affiliation||Land of Oz|
|First Appearance||The Oz Kids (1996)|
Dot Hugson is Dorothy and Zeb's daughter, Neddie's fun-loving older sister and the main protagonist in The Oz Kids franchise. She is a cute, funny and tomboyishly beautiful young eight-year-old girl from rural Kansas in the late 19th century, and the leader of the Oz Kids gang, and always full of energy.
Despite her cuteness and beauty, she is tough, fearless and level-headed when in a dangerous situation, able to analyze the options and act accordingly, and consistently triumphs with imagination, however, she has her zany, wacky and tomboyish attitude. Dot is a bit of a tomboy when she compared with a girly witch, Andrea. Dot's parents are Dorothy Gale and Zebediah Hugson. Dorothy first came to Oz as a young girl. Her adventures were recounted in The Wizard of Oz. As an adult, in the late 1880s, Dorothy married her cousin, Zeb Hugson and eventually had two children, Dot and Neddie.
On a summer day, in the 1890s, Dot has spent her entire childhood in the Kansas farmhouse. She enjoys hanging out with boys, goofing off, riding horses, armpit farting, playing pranks, getting dirty, daydreaming and having fun. That is, until Dot, Neddie and their family are picked up by the tornado and magically transported to Oz.
Although she is happy, comical and quirky, she yearns to learn more about the outside world. Dot instigates many of the trips beyond Oz. After each adventure with her friends, however, she is very happy to return to Oz, to her home. She is very powerfully protective of her younger brother, Neddie. She gains her powerful Magic Belt that gives her ultra magical powers.
Fair skinned with freckles, Dot has messy brown hair tied back into two pigtails with blue bows and wears a white blouse with short, puffy sleeves, a sleeveless blue dress, white bloomers, white socks, and black Mary Jane shoes.
Before the beginning of each episode of the series, Dot narrates the monologue about she, Neddie and her family transported to Oz, after they're caught up in the tornado.
In the series finale, Dot finally chosen to stay in Oz, and says goodbye to the Hugson family, as she became a princess.
She is the shortest in height, is also charming, dainty, funny, beautiful, happy, quirky.
- Name: Dot Hugson
- Gender: Female
- Age: 8
- Birthday: June 21, 1889 (Summer)
- Parents: Dorothy Gale (mother)
- Pet: Toto 2
- Siblings: Little brother, Neddie Hugson
- Likes: Her brother Neddie, having fun, hanging out with boys, goofing off, cute things, being silly, farting, animals, plush toys, riding horses, pigs, armpit farting, dolls, beach, Magic Belt, processing magical powers, burping, getting dirty, summer, flying, rainbow, boyish stuff, living in the farm in Kansas
- Dislikes: Tornado, scary things, Mombi's dark powers, mean people
- Powers and Abilities: Magical abilities, flight, Magic Belt powers
- Quote: "I was thinking."